Sunday, May 3, 2009

Dinner at Imperial Treasure Restaurant

Went to T3 to have dinner (Sat) with family, cos my eldest brother suggested. I agree to go, although very tired... 1 reason is my folks also long time didn't eat with them liao, and if I go, my 2nd brother's car will not be so packed... finally, I also want to have a good meal, wahahaha....

So drove over to T3's Imperial Treasure Restaurant, at Crowne Royal Hotel. Not my 1st time there, with not so-good experience (standard of food)... but this time round, I am completely won over by the restaurant... They have a nice decor, big tanks of seafood visible in the centre of the restaurant...


Lemme introduce... 1st, the roast meat... it was so GOOD that we have to order a 2nd plate! Crispy skin, very very crispy... meat is tender and chewy, with correct proportion of fat...


Subsequent dishes (not in order) are:
(2) Wasabe prawns - quite succulent prawns, taste fresh, should not be those immerse in soda powder water type...
(3) Crispy noodle with meat and 雪菜 stew - Looks plain, but taste good!!!!
(4) Fried egg with bitter gourd and ... crab meat (I think) - Normal
(5) Broccoli with mushroom - Normal
(6) Peking Duck - TASTY!!!!!!!! First, the traditional way of eating the skin (Man, it i CRISPY! and fragrance too, taste is also good...) with spring onion and cumber slices, wrapped in a flour skin... taste is complete with the sweet sauce...


The remaining duck meat is stir-fried with ginger and spring onions.... Superb culinary skills, as my dad commented, that the plate leaves no gravy after we finish the food... If it is like the ze-char stall, most likely the chef will leave lots of gravy behind, meaning skills not up to standard...
I found the wok-hei (wok's fragrance) to be of a high level, and the taste has actually penetrated into the duck meat... could also be due to the earlier roasting preparation... either or both ways... a piece of meat with a piece of spring onion (sweet taste) really brings out the ultimate taste (of course to my folks, they will add a piece of ginger too, hahaha...)


Ended the dinner with a rich almond cream (tea)... Thick but not creamy; just sweet enough.... Tasty tasty dinner...

No comments: