Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Leisure Jalan...

Yesterday sent car to Pandan for servicing... added a $80 engine and aircon-"nano-whatever" cleanup and wheel rotation and change brake light cost me a total of $300 plus... Ok lah since I only go every 1/2 year... but may need a new set of wheels soon.... or a new car instead???? Perhaps its time to get my Yaris I wished for last time...


Anyway, went over to West Coast Plaza (formerly Ginza Plaza) and had my breakfast... Yin Yang / Yun Yong (鸳鸯) and kaya-butter toast... not too bad... but nothing to cheer about... Since the shops are not opened yet, I took the shuttle bus and went down to Clementi MRT station and jalan around... got a new but small shopping centre type.. but not much things there... and nothing at the neighbourhood centre too... So took the MRT and went over to Jurong Point... Wow, big place now.... done some light shopping, bought some Gundam kits for my brother... and saw this area that caught my attention: Japanese makan street...




Not hungry so didn't eat there... then went to Jurong East MRT, thought can jalan at the shopping centre... Didn't realised it closed down liao... So went back to collect my car... and decide to makan at West Coast Plaza... wanted to eat at the Japanese restaurant, but seems that the waitresses are more engrossed in in their own matters at the cashier... so went over to Thai Express and ordered a green curry chicken with rice and a cup of watermelon-lime freeze (see the red colour drink in the background of the pic below?).... Green curry... Basil leaves make it smell and taste nice... but the chicken is getting on the verge of bad... barely... but still edible... not too bad, if you eat with the basil leaves... definitely better than the green curry chicken noodles I had at Genting....

No comments: