Tuesday, July 28, 2009

These Kids Nowadays... part 2...

Encounter this today: Saw a student in class singing national anthem with hands on the desk... walk up to her and told her nicely and softly to put down her hands... Bo hiu, head face down... tried to ask her if she is ok, she also bo hiu... so ignore her... tot is she not feeling well... later she seem fine while talking with the form teacher, who happen to be her Science teacher as well... So I tried to tell her not to put hands on table again, and yeap, bo hiu again... well, such are these kids nowadays.. in case you are wondering what's the major point about this story, it's good to know abt the background of this student... pampered and spoilt by mum, who always let her get in her way... claims to be part of gang o/s school... will only study the subjects she is interested (yeap, science is one of the 2 ~ 3 subjects)... extremely rude to anyone else except a few close friends...

haha... well, if the mother dun impart the values, then don't expect me to... Don't think she can come back next year to continue, but if she does and still wants to take my subject and insists on her way, I think I will just inform her non-progression and attitude to her mother to cover my ka-chng... hahaha... not that I am bad, ask the students around the school, they'll tell you otherwise... I mean seriously, if ministry policy and focus is on academic, and the parents won't do something for their own child (COME ON! Your own flesh and blood leh!!!), and the kids still are not able to appreciate the chances and leniency given in school, then I think they can only learn thru' the hard way/experience themselves in the outside world, perhaps some events to happen to them before they will wake up... even though it may be very very painful way, but that is the only way then they will realise.... just hopefully it will not be too late for them by then...

Then later in the day, I was with another 2 bunch of kids (class) older and younger than the above student... They really are different... the younger ones (lower sec), although is also in Normal stream, are much much more appreciative... And the older class is taking their belated O levels this year... and the attitude and way of life is so so so much different... so even if I have to sacrifice my time and own resources to them I am still quite willing...

Such are these kids nowadays....

No comments: