Saturday, December 19, 2020

"Rediscover" Singapore 19 Dec 2020 (1/4) - Amoy Street Food Centre

After many days of recuperating from the lateral foot pain injury (which I did not realised that it will take so long to heal to a walkable state), I finally got the chance to go for my urban-cycling exploration of Singapore... But woke up to a shock when saw the rain and cloudy sky... In the end decided to try my luck when rain seem to almost stopped and I set off.  Took MRT to Raffles Place station... 




 

Then cycle+walk to my first destination which is Amoy Street Food Centre for late breakfast.

 

Had the fishball-bar chor mee from “Michelin Plate” Ah Ter Teochew Fish Ball Noodles. Ordered the SGD5 one with thin noodles (mee kia).  The noodles are strangely quite smoky, savoury and strong in taste, perhaps is the addition of the chilli sauce. It is quite in contrast with the soup which tasted sweet and reminds me of the flavour when added in winter-vegetables (冬菜) . These 2 combined gives a nice taste. Noodles are quite chewy. Ingredients are also quite good.  Suspect the pork slices are marinated with wine. Anyway, good bowl of noodles for breakfast. 





Also had "Bib Gourmand" J2 Famous Crispy Curry Puff. Ordered one curry and 1 black pepper chicken (?).  The outer skin is the flakiest curry puff skin I had. Very nice. Contents are quite good good too. 



Then proceed to walk over to Thian Hock Keng temple, or a.k.a. Mah Zor Keng as our family usually calls it...


No comments: