Sunday, November 29, 2020

Carryme Folding Bike Bicycle

My early Christmas present that I bought for myself.  I recently chanced upon a Xiaomi folding bike that looked very compact, and it ramp up my biking wants suddenly. Then realised that is an electric bike, which I think is not so "multi-purpose" when using it as personal transport in Singapore, with the recent cooling down of PMD (electric ones) on footpaths etc. Bicycle still remains the top of choice if one wants to use it on walkpaths, roads etc, and no need to register or such. Then I started searching for folding bikes on the internet, while the bad memories of a fake A-bike I bought many years ago came back. Chanced upon this Carryme, which claimed to be 1 of the lightest folding bike (I think Hummingbird folding bike may be lighter) and compact. What captures my attention is the small wheels and walking-cane-looking fold up mode. This means I no need to carry it but can trolley (roll) it around when folded. Nice to have when walking around at places that cannot cycle. Also, I wanted to try to go to Jurassic Mile but realised that "hiking" to the place may be a bit too time-taking. So after a day of deliberation, I decided to buy 1.  Sadly the red and dark blue colour are out of stock, so opted for the sky blue one.  Cost GD999 which is pretty expensive for a bicycle with so small wheels but hey, this is but a fraction of my money saved from not travelling this year, so is pretty ok.  Plus, the dsmall wheels and single speed means I will have a better workout when using it, nice... Took some time to readjust to cycling, after an absence of about 8~9 years... Maybe if can use for good, I may consider to stop using car and instead cycle to MRT station and to work next time... though rain is still a major consideration....




No comments: