Sunday, December 31, 2017

Prima Taste - Singapore Curry Whole Grain La Mian

Hmmm, if I can buy the super expensive Taiwan instant noodles, how can I not support my own country's??!! hahaha... So I finally tried Prima Taste's instant noodles... After much hard thinking and consideration (???!!!), I decided to get the Singapore Curry Whole Grain La Mian, as I had already bought a laksa flavor one (Tseng Rice Noodles)... When I cooked it the first time, I find the noodles smelled a bit of "foul oil smell" (油耗味), and after eating, I felt the curry is quite nice, but I also find the noodles a bit "brittle", as in not chewy... Perhaps I had really been too pampered by the Taiwan instant noodles... So today I cooked it together with some tau-pok and fish cake... I reduce the noodles by 1/3 and added some instant rice noodles bought at Prime supermarket... The result is now a solid bowl of curry beehoon-noodles!!!! The rice noodles (beehoon) adds much to the chewy texture, and the rich curry flavor brings the meal to a wonderful level. Could have added a bit more water than the recommended 500ml, as the rice noodles soaked up quite a bit of the water... Nice!!!!!! Hahahaha...

No comments: