Saturday, December 16, 2017

Taiwan Food Haul December 2017 - Part 1 ...

Collected my Taiwan food haul part 1 today via ezBuy (yeap, the one that recently got into a collision with Taobao... ) , and quickly feasted on the food, hahahaha...


First is the Tseng Noodles 曾拌麵 - Scallion With Sichuan Pepper Flavor 香蔥椒麻 , which had a very unique noodle shape, and the centre of the non-fried noodle strand seem to be slightly thicker, probably for the al dente texture... I cooked for 5 minutes, then added about a minute more as I am worried the noodles too hard...Turns out the noodles are VERY VERY CHEWY and has a strong flour fragrance!!!!! Awesome!!!! The spiciness 辣 and spicy-numbness 麻 is mild even after I added all the spicy oil after the video shoot, which is good and best is it is very very fragrance!!!! Portion is also very big, compared to the usual instant noodles... Will definitely want to try its other flavours next time, despite its high price of SGD13.50... I am insane.. hahahahaha....



About 1.5 hours after eating the Tseng Noodles 曾拌麵 - Scallion With Sichuan Pepper Flavor 香蔥椒麻 , I cannot resist the temptation and cooked the other instant noodles : Da Jia Stirred Noodles 大甲乾麵 - Sesame Sauce 麻醬 . This noodles are also non-fried, and the shape has a uncanny resemblance to Juzz's Mee noodles... I cooked for about 4 minutes... Turns out the noodles are VERY CHEWY and quite fragrance!!!!! Nice!!!! The sesame sauce is quite good, though I may have too high expectations as I had never tasted 麻醬 before, so I did not get too agitated when I smelled the sesame sauce... In fact, it reminded me of the dessert black sesame paste powder... hmmm, I must be crazy, hahaha!!!! Portion is also quite big compared to the usual instant noodles but slightly lesser than Tseng Noodles... Will definitely want to try its other flavours next time, despite its high price of SGD13.60... I am insane x2 ... hahahahaha....



And this snack is good!!! The brand is Cherry Granfather. Spring-onion crackers with nougat fillings... nice.. though the cracker is not that crispy, I think the cracker being softer a little bit is actually easier for the mouth to bite into and tear away... The crackers are savoury with a strong spring-onion fragrance, and the nougat filling is sweet, so combining the savoury-sweet together is a winning formula!!!! Very nice... This one cost SGD10.90 per box and contains 12 pieces...

No comments: