Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Ba Shu Lan Ren Self Heating Instant Mala ( Vegetarian ) Hotpot 巴蜀懒人 四川麻辣火锅 ( 全素 )

Bought it at NTUC Fairprice on a offer price of $6.95... Since it made the commotion a few weeks ago, I have been wanting to try it. Made a small error during preparation, which the water should have been poured into the ingredients tray right after the soup base is poured in. So, is it good? Well... To be frank, personally I don't like my vegetables to be all crispy, e.g. I prefer potato and lotus root to be starchy-texture. The black fungus is ok, and the mushroom is good but too few pieces. The noodles-like thing tasted like the bobo-chacha chewy pieces, but not to my liking, as I felt they are overly 'chewy'. The small sausages saves the day in the end. Overall, the numb-spiciness (麻辣) is quite powerful but I think the smell may not be able to be accepted by some people ( I saw some Youtubers describing the smell after cooking as smelly, I think it can be quite true; think stinky toufu or cheese, or durian... ). Finally, my own personal view is I don't really like it... Just my own preference.




And a commemorative clip on its "cooking"... hahahaha...




No comments: