Saturday, June 14, 2008

Finally SH8 Can be Wired!

Yes, finally diagnosed the problem of my new SH8 unable to connect thru' cable to router. after a visit to SMC office... seems that it is the router not compatible with the network adapter... but even the SMC technical staff is not sure, as his test pc is using the same adapter as my SH8's... bought a new router (SMCWBR14S-N2) today & it worked well, wired and wireless, great... so now publishing this post with my new router coonection, using my new SH8...

Speaking of today's haul, morning went over to Suntec's PC Show from school, intending to re-contract my broadband to new one, with freebies like free data sim card, $50 voucher/nokia phone, HP mini-notebook... reached there at about 11am, still got 1 hour before show starts... got a shock when saw the queue has > 30 pple already!!! Give up, boh gian queue up for hours, decided to check out any SMC routers... don't have... sianz... not willing to wait for 1 hour to just go in & see if got mini SD card bargain, (for my old N80 phone, which I thought of converting to a multimedia gadget...) & squeeze like hell... decided to go over to SLS... True enough, managed to get most of what I wanted at SLS... new router, 2 GB micro SD card (w/ mini adapter, so still can use for my old N80 phone)... at reasonable price somemore... sweet...

Waiting eagerly to broadband service provider's email reply for my confirmation to renew contract... hopefully can waived off the data sim card and activation fees, and I definitely will NOT buy the USB modem...

Yeah, tomorrow 1st day of RT... numbed liao... hahaha...

No comments: